Terms & Conditions of Sale
We want to you to be happy with your order, and with your transactions with us. For this reason it is important that you have the right expectations in regard to your order, and our part in fulfilling your order. With that in mind, please read the following terms & conditions carefully before placing your order.
We are NOT responsible for:
- cushions the customer does not like because the fabric color or texture does not match the color on their computer monitor or other fabrics at their location. In the event you are not 100 percent sure of the color of the fabric as it is displayed on your screen, you are advised to order fabric samples before placing your cushion order. Fabric samples are not returnable or refundable.
- refunding the cost of a fabric sample if that fabric is discontinued after the fabric sample is mailed to the customer
- cushions that are made correctly with incorrect information provided by the customer. It is the customer’s responsibility to provide correct and accurate dimensions
- cushions the customer does not like due to the standard placement of fabric ties, seams and/or zippers
- cushions the customer thinks are too thin or too thick even though they are made correctly based on the dimensions provided by the customer
- cushions the customer thinks are not comfortable enough or does not like for some other subjective reason
- templates sent to us for use as custom cushion patterns. These templates become property of Island Coast LLC and will not be returned to the customer. We do not accept old shells to use as templates.
We ARE responsible for:
- repair or replacement of products arriving damaged, only when this damage has been noted with the delivery service provider at the time the product is delivered. It is up to you, when receiving the delivery, to check for damage prior to signing. You MUST read our shipping information page before ordering.
- reworking or replacing cushions made with incorrect fabric(s)
- reworking or replacing cushions made to incorrect size
- reworking or replacing cushions that are made in the wrong style, e.g. boxed instead of knife edge, stripes in the wrong direction, etc.
- PROVIDED THAT:
- YOU notify us within five(5) working days of receiving the defective product(s)
- YOU make the product(s) available for a pickup by a ground carrier that we schedule
- products that are returned to our facility for rework have not been used in any way and arrive back at our facility in the same condition as when they were shipped
- WE reserve the right to rework any product(s) to correct our mistakes, or replace them at our discretion.
We will do what we can to address any of these issues in a courteous, professional and timely manner to help the
customer achieve the desired results. If the error is due to a customer mistake in ordering, the customer
acknowledges responsibility and assumes the cost of correcting any mistakes.
YOU are responsible for:
- providing all information needed to accurately make the cushions ordered
- understanding that due to variations in light source, computer screen/monitor settings and quality, or other circumstances beyond our control, we cannot guarantee that a fabric will look exactly like it does on our web site in terms of color, repeat, etc. If you need precise color matching, please order fabric samples. Fabric samples are not returnable or refundable
- understanding the style and construction of the product(s) you order
- understanding that thickness is defined as the measurement from the top of the cushion to the bottom of the cushion and not the measurement of any side banding
- being certain that all ship-to address information is correct, including the zip code
- any costs and delays associated with correcting mistakes made by the customer
Note that if a customer follows procedure to return an item and we deem that the item is, in fact, correct based on the customer’s order, the customer will be responsible for any costs incurred to return the item to the customer.
By purchasing from us, you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.
If you do not agree to our terms and conditions, please do not purchase from us.
Order Changes and Cancellations
Changes to orders placed cannot be accepted after one (1) business day of receiving the order, unless the customer agrees to pay the order change fees. These fees vary by order depending on products and materials.
Cancellations of orders will be accepted up to one (1) business day from placing the order. There are some exceptions to this depending on whether the order is already in the production process. All cushion and pillow products appearing on this web site are made to order using customer specifications. Once your order is in production the order cannot be canceled. All cancellations that are accepted will incur a $75 cancellation processing fee.
You have ninety (90) days to submit your template(s) or customer owned material (COM) for orders with such requirements. If a you do not respond to our contact attempts within these 90 days, we have the right to cancel the order(s) and charge you a $75 cancellation processing fee per order.
You have ninety (90) days to resume or cancel your order once you have placed your order on HOLD. If you do not contact us or respond to our contact attempts within these 90 days, we have the right to cancel the order and charge you a $75 cancellation processing fee per order.
Address Corrections / Redelivery Fees
If we incur additional shipping costs and fees due to an incorrect address provided by you, you will be charged for the additional costs, including but not limited to an $8 address correction fee, a $10 delivery interruption fee to reroute, redelivery fees and any associated shipping charges.
We strive for accuracy in all item descriptions, photographs, pricing, links and any other product-related information contained herein or referenced on our web site. Due to human error and other determinations, we cannot guarantee that all item descriptions, photographs, pricing, links and any other product-related information listed is entirely accurate, complete or current, nor can we assume responsibility for these errors.
In the event a product listed on our web site is labeled with an incorrect price due to some typographical, informational, technical or other error, we shall, at our sole discretion, have the right to refuse and/or cancel any order for said product and immediately amend, correct and/or remove the inaccurate information.
Additionally, all hyperlinks to other web sites are provided as resources to customers looking for additional information and/or professional opinion. We do not endorse or assume responsibility for the claims and/or representations made on these or any other web sites.
Credit Card Charges, Refunds & Chargebacks
All our products and services require 100 percent payment before we begin production. This is primarily due to the custom nature of our work.
We do not retain any credit card information from the checkout process (except billing address information). This is for your security and ours. As a result, if we require additional payments, we will require you to give us your credit card information over the phone.
All credit card charges will appear as ISLAND COAST LLC on your credit card statement.
Our credit card processor attempts to run a temporary transaction on all credit transactions. If this fails, the transaction is not processed. In some rare cases, users with debit card transactions that are declined may see money deducted from their account by their financial institution to cover the temporary authorization. As the transaction was never completed, we cannot issue any refunds. We cannot be held liable for any bank charges caused by this. Debit card users assume the full risk. If you wish to know if this will apply to you, please see your financial institutions terms and conditions governing credit transactions on your debit card.
Any refunds authorized are only available for sixty (60) days from the time of the original transaction. After 60 days, we can only issue you a check for the amount, minus any processing fees we incurred. You may also elect to receive store credit for the full amount. Refunds can only be issued after being approved by us. Refunds to a credit card are simply reversed to that card and typically take two to three business days to complete. We cannot be held responsible for the speed of a refund of any kind. See your financial institutions rules and regulations as to how refunds are processed.
We guarantee that every online transaction you make will be 100 percent safe. This means you pay nothing if unauthorized charges are made to your card as a result of shopping at our online store. Under the Fair Credit Billing Act, your bank cannot hold you liable for more than $50.00 for fraudulent charges. If your bank does hold you liable for any of this $50.00, we will cover the entire liability for you up to the full $50.00. We will only cover this liability if the unauthorized use of your credit card resulted through no fault of your own from purchases made while using our secure server. In the event of unauthorized use of your credit card, you must notify your credit card provider in accordance with its reporting rules and procedures.
We take unwarranted credit card charge backs very seriously. A criminal or fraudulent charge back is when the credit card holder orders and receives products or services, then intentionally reverses the charge through their card-issuing bank stating that they did not place or receive the order. Please note that charging back an order when that order was shipped and received is theft.
We report all wrongful or fraudulent charge backs to your local police, your local bank, our merchant service (credit card processing company) and the Federal Bureau of Investigations Department of Justice. Credit card fraud is a felony, and we will aggressively prosecute anyone attempting to misuse a credit card number. We track every transaction and will use all means available to prosecute persons attempting fraud.
We reserve the right to change the prices of products sold on this web site at any time. All prices are in U.S. dollars. All credit card charges must be paid in U.S. dollars. The term “credit card holder” as used in these terms and conditions is defined as the person or entity in whose name the credit card was issued by the bank or financial institution that appears on the credit card.
When you complete an online purchase from us using a credit card for payment, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- By providing a credit card and billing address for that card, you represent that you are the credit card holder or that you are an authorized representative of the credit card holder.
- If you are not the credit card holder, you represent to us that you have made the credit card holder aware of the purchase in advance.
- Should you have a problem with your purchase, you will contact us to allow us to resolve the problem before contacting either the financial institution that issued the credit card or the credit card company.
- To threaten a charge back to alter purchase price after an order is placed is extortion, which is a felony and a Federal offense. Fraudulent use of credit cards will be investigated and reported to your local police, your local bank, our merchant service and the Federal Bureau of Investigations Department of Justice. We will prosecute such activity to the full extent of the law. All phone calls and online orders are time stamped and digitally recorded for quality control.
We perform address verifications for every credit card. Orders that request delivery to an unverified address will require that we contact the actual owner of the credit card by phone. These phone numbers are obtained from sources other than the order itself.
An unauthorized credit card charge back after an order has been placed is known as friendly fraud or charge back abuse, even if you are the owner of the card, it is theft and still fraud. We will dispute the charge back with proof of delivery and, as required, file a report with the police, FBI and the following credit reporting agencies that will negatively affect your credit history: Equifax and Experian.
Original orders processed in error, with improper address, a wrong phone number, a declined or expired card, etc. will require that a new order only be shipped to the billing address of the credit card.
We accept only those credit cards mentioned on the product ordering screens as the payment options for your purchase.
We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions of sale at any time without
Last updated September 2014